Kiwibank opened its doors in 2002 and in just over 10 years, it has built a customer base of 800,000.
The number of clients which we have continues to grow because of the competitive personalised service which we offer. We have over 250 offices in PostShops so that we are close to our clients. We are open for longer hours than other banks and some of our branches work weekends as well.
We make banking easy and convenient
Our range of personal banking products includes loans of various types, loans for students, credit cards, accounts, investment and insurance. We offer accounts, credit cards, merchant services and finance and cash flow management solutions to businesses of various sizes. We have telephone, internet and mobile banking plus other electronic services.
The Kiwibank Tertiary Pack is designed to help you manage your finances and save while studying in New Zealand.
You can keep everyday accounts without management or transaction fees. You can use an overdraft of up to $1,000 without paying interest during your first year. In the second and subsequent years, the maximum interest free amount is $2,000. You will get a Low Rate MasterCard with a limit of $500.
We have special solutions to help you
If you are getting your first Kiwibank credit card, you will not pay an annual fee. Additionally, we offer free ATM use on university campuses and 5 free text banking messages monthly. Our Bill Blaster account enables you to put aside money for covering your expenses. We have smartphone apps to help you check your balances.
Kiwibank Student loan
- Loan Type Student loans
- Interest Rate 16.95 – 18.95% p/a
- Loan Amount up to $10,000
- Repayment 6 months to 7 years
Benefits of Kiwibank
- Conveniently make additional payments
- Quick online loan applications
- Apply online 24/7
Kiwibank is taking student loans serious, with us you get the best deals
Kiwibank has affordable student loans, looking out for the growth of young students.
Being a student isn’t easy, so we've ensured our loans for students are. Kiwibank offers students a remarkable product called the Tertiary Pack, with some truly brilliant administrations to help you.
Should you wish to discuss some of our incredible options, call us or send us an email. We can help you up close and personal at your closest Kiwibank.
Tertiary pack consists of many student benefits
- No extra charges on exchanging bank accounts
- Free overdraft of $1,000 in your first year and $2,000 in your second year - With a month to month charge of just $2.
A low rate master card with a $500 limit
- Free utilization of ATMs on college grounds
- Apply for a loan online 24 hours a day
- Five free TXT saving money advice messages
- Dealing with your cash - we offer advice for students allowing their cash to make a little go far. We can offer you some assistance with managing your cash on a shoestring.
- With our Bill Blaster account, you can set cash aside for costs like rent, bills and credit reimbursements.
- Need to know what you have at this moment? You can check your savings on your cell phone. We offer iPhone or Android applications.
- Got something you have had your eye on and wanting to purchase? Look at our Temptation Calculator to see what you have the capacity to spare by not affecting the necessary obligations you have.
- With a Back–up Saver, your cash is available and you gain premiums. You can even customize your account to offer you some assistance with savings towards other things you want later.
Visas can be helpful, yet you have to know how to utilize them carefully. We have online videos and aids as well as personal face to face interaction with our clients, to assist them with financial advice.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Painless and fast online student loan application, I had my loan approved the same day!
— Wellington —
Very easily affordable interest rate on their student loans, I can recommend them.
— Wellington —
- 11 Hunter St Wellington Wellington Region 6011 New Zealand
- Get Directions
- Kiwibank Limited Private Bag 39888 Wellington Mail Centre Lower Hutt, Lower Hutt, 5045, New Zealand
- Monday 08:30 – 17:00
- Tuesday 08:30 – 17:00
- Wednesday 08:30 – 17:00
- Thursday 08:30 – 17:00
- Friday 08:30 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed