- Student loans starting from $2,000
- Low-interest starting from 13.95%
- Repayment up to 7 years
[Accessed March 7, 2023]
Get your career started with a bank that is dedicated to making life better for New Zealanders!
Remember the first time mobile banking was launched? That was Kiwibank. Besides them being greatly innovative they have also been assisting Kiwis with the funds to study and land their dream jobs since 2002, their passion is with the people of New Zealand.
They have countrywide standalone branches for you to visit if you would rather prefer face-to-face assistance over a device, or you can apply for a loan online from the comfort of your home.
More than a thousand NZ schools have been introduced to their Banqer service and you can do business with them through their mobile app or online banking.
Great student benefits
Save money while you study with the Kiwibank Tertiary Pack designed for busy students. You can also use an overdraft without paying any interest during your first year, up to $1,000. What’s more is that in your second and subsequent years, you will be able to use $2,000 interest-free plus you will get a Low-Rate MasterCard with a limit of $500.
5 free text banking messages per month and no annual fees for you dear student, and you can enjoy the convenience of having free ATM access on campus, just another nice thing Kiwibank will do for you.
Borrow between $2,000 and $9,999 at a fixed rate from 18.95%p.a. or at a fixed rate from 16.95%p.a.
if you borrow a personal loan for $10,000 or more and a fixed rate from only 13.95%p.a. if you borrow $20,000 or more. You can easily put money aside to help you cover your expenses with their Bill Blaster account and manage and check your balances on their smartphone apps available for your convenience.
Credit Cards NZ – Designed for kiwis
Get yourself 55 days interest-free with their low-interest credit card range with interest rates ranging between 9.95% and 13.95% per annum. Earn when you travel or book flights with their Airpoints credit card range with interest rates between 16.90% and 20.95%. Remember if you pay back what you borrowed within those 55 days you won’t be paying anything on interest, work smart.
Grow your money the smart way
With Kiwibank, anyone can afford to invest as they have a solution for every income level, start your journey to success today!
- Their Notice Saver option starts with 32 or 90 days from 0.55% to 1.25% per annum.
- The Term Deposit option is a little more advanced and is over 30 days and up to 5 years earning up to 2.25% per annum.
Kiwibank – Student loan
- Loan Type Student loans
- Interest Rate 13.95 – 18.95% p/a
- Loan Amount from $2,000
- Repayment 1 year to 7 years
Benefits of Kiwibank
- Conveniently make additional payments
- Quick online loan applications
- Apply online 24/7
Student loan calculator
Kiwibank is taking student loans serious, with us you get the best deals
How to apply for a student loan with Kiwibank
Who can apply for a student loan
- If you are 18+ years old,
- a New Zealand resident
- and have a regular, stable income (you may have to ask a parent or guardian to assist if you don’t have a job as yet).
- A credit check will be needed.
The application process
- Take 10 to 15 minutes of your time to complete the online application form, providing personal details, how much you want to borrow as well as how you are planning on paying for the loan, etc. If you are an existing Kiwibank customer you can apply even quicker with the mobile app or with internet banking.
- They will then email you once they are done with their assessment, and if approved you will then receive a loan offer from them based on what you or your friend, parent, or guardian can qualify for.
- Whoever is taking out the loan for you, maybe you are doing it yourself should sign the loan agreement to accept for you to shortly get started on your new study journey.
The benefits of applying with Kiwibank
- Easy repayment plans.
- Ongoing support and advice.
- Between very little and no fees when you are a student.
- Great student benefits from their products.
- Highly competitive interest rates.
- Quick assistance from a highly experienced team.
- Transparent, simple and straightforward.
- Helpful guidelines on managing your money better.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Painless and fast online student loan application, I had my loan approved the same day!
— Wellington —
Very easily affordable interest rate on their student loans, I can recommend them.
— Wellington —
- 94 Lambton Quay, Wellington Central Wellington Region 6011 New Zealand
- Get Directions
- Kiwibank Limited Private Bag 39888 Wellington Mail Centre Lower Hutt, Lower Hutt, 5045, New Zealand
- Monday 09:00 – 16:30
- Tuesday 09:00 – 16:30
- Wednesday 09:00 – 16:30
- Thursday 09:00 – 16:30
- Friday 09:00 – 16:30
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed