- Student loans up to $50,000
- Low-interest starting from 13.90%
- Repayment up to 5 years
[Accessed March 7, 2023]
It is always a great idea to get a degree or even just a short course to boost your career before you join the workforce.
Study what you want to with Westpac and reach your goals with a company that is committed to giving you a perfect study loan you can easily afford and repay flexibly. With over 1.3 million happy clients today Westpac has been making a difference in Kiwi lives since 1861, let them make a difference in your life too. They are responsible lenders that do business in a simple, easy, and straightforward way.
Fuel your future by getting a study loan
Deal with a team that cares about your future and financial well-being and tap into their knowledge and expertise. With them, you can rest assured that your needs will be put first as they have always been extremely driven to help people and communities in whatever way they are capable.
Get your career started the right way and apply for a loan online or visit one of their New Zealand branches, you can also call them if you would like to speak to a friendly and informative advisor.
Westpac student loan calculator NZ
You can see what the repayments will be by simply selecting the amount you wish to borrow over the term of your choice, this will give you an idea of what you or your parents can afford.
If you know what you want to study, well then there is only one step left, finance.
Westpac can make this step a breeze for you. You can borrow up to $50,000 or more based on your circumstances, over 6 months to 5 years. Enjoy flexible repayments fortnightly or monthly, with no fee or penalties for early or additional repayments. You can also apply for a top-up at any time. Apply now and get and have the fund you need within 48 hours!
Home Loans – competitive rates
Access fixed or floating home loan rates and have the opportunity of paying your loan sooner without any penalties. A credit check, confirmation of your outstanding debt, proof of income, and proof of surplus income is required to determine if you qualify and for how much.
Qualify for an interest-free term
Get 55 days interest-free when you apply for a low-interest rate credit card. They also have multiple other credit cards available such as the Airpoints credit card that allows you to earn points when you go on holiday or book flights, Hotpoints credit card with great features, benefits, rewards, and cashback options.
Business loans – success is a click away
Is the demand for your product growing aggressively? Get the equipment you need to improve your production line in no time. Westpac offers a variety of business loans.
Westpac – Student loan
- Loan Type Student loans
- Interest Rate from 13.90%
- Loan Amount up to $50,000
- Repayment 12 months to 5 years
Benefits of Westpac
- Easy online application
- Flexible repayment options
- Affordable student loans
Student loan calculator
Getting a student loan is as easy as completing a quick online loan application
Applying for a study loan with Westpac – quick approval, easy repayments, and online!
- Complete a 10-minute application form: You can apply online by filling in your details and submitting some required documents to support the information you provided like your or your parents’ bank statements, proof of identity, proof of address, etc and they will also do a credit check to see if you are financially viable to qualify.
- Get a quick answer in just 60 seconds: Once they’ve quickly looked at your information provided, they will let you know if you do qualify and for how much. You will then also receive a loan offer you can sign to accept if you are happy.
- Receive the funds: Once you have signed to accept the student loan, they will directly transfer the funds into your account within 48 hours for you to use to pay for a course of your choice, living costs, additional course-related expenses like a laptop or books, etc.
If you don’t have an income or you are under 18 you can ask your parents, guardian, or a trusted friend to apply for you.
- A stable income.
- Be 18+.
- Be an NZ citizen.
- Proof of address.
- Competitive interest rates.
- Helpful tips and tools.
- Continuous support.
- Flexible repayment terms.
- Tailored educational loans.
- Online or face-to-face applications.
- Cash pay-out within 48 hours!
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Very nice consultant that helped me obtain my loan. Excellent service!
— Lower Hutt —
Their banking options for students are very good and the rate on their loans are fair.
— Lower Hutt —
I was able to fill out my application online, fast and easy. The rates are decent and the service very good.
— Whanganui —
- 210 High St Lower Hutt Wellington 5010 New Zealand
- Get Directions
- Westpac, FATCA Operations, P.O. Box 934, Shortland St, Auckland, 1140, New Zealand
- Monday 09:30 – 15:00
- Tuesday 09:30 – 15:00
- Wednesday 09:30 – 15:00
- Thursday 09:30 – 15:00
- Friday 09:30 – 15:00
- Saturday 09:30 – 13:00
- Sunday – Closed