Westpac Home Loan
- Home loans up to $50,000
- Low-interest starting from 23%
- Repayment up to 5 years
[Accessed March 7, 2023]
Buying your first or next home is a huge commitment, make sure you do it with Westpac as they will offer you the most profound deal.
Thousands of Kiwis have been relying on their expert advice and assistance since 1861.
Today more than 1.3 million happy clients go to them for answers as they are a responsible lender that does finance the easy way. Their drive to help people and communities is hard to miss and their aim is always the customer’s needs, success, and growth.
If you ask them to help you with a home loan your expectations are likely to be exceeded and you will have the keys to the door of your new home in the shortest time possible.
Westpac mortgage calculator
Use their affordability calculator to help you get an estimate of how much you will be able to afford, remember the amount is based on a few factors like your credit history the size of the deposit you have available, how much surplus income you have each month.
Tips, tricks, tools, and guidelines
Westpac has multiple tools, checklists, and guidelines to help you plan and to make this exciting journey of buying a house a breeze. Here are some of the helpful resources Westpac offers:
- The first home buyers' guide – to help you confidently enjoy the journey.
- Tips and tricks for growing your deposit – to grow your deposit faster.
- Home comparison checklist.
- What you should ask a real estate agent.
- NZ Sale and Purchase Agreements Guide.
- They even have a KiwiSaver option to help you prepare your deposit.
Access a fixed rate home loan from 3.19%p.a. or a floating interest rate from 4.84%p.a.
where you can make early repayments whenever you want to without any penalties. Where you are buying your very first home, your second home, switching your home loan over to Westpac, building or renovating your current home, or investing in property, they will tailor-make the most perfect finance solution for you. You can apply for a loan online, call them or visit one of their branches to get the ball rolling on your exhilarating journey.
Credit cards – pay 0% if you work smart
Obtain a low-interest rate credit card that offers you the opportunity of getting 55 days interest-free if you pay back the amount you borrowed. They also offer various other credit cards such as the Airpoints credit card that allows you to earn points when you go on holiday or book flights, Hotpoints credit card with great features, benefits, rewards, and cashback options.
Business loans – start, grow & prosper
Maybe you are just starting out or perhaps you are doing so well that you have to borrow money for expanding your business. Westpac has multiple business finance solutions for whatever your business might be needed to succeed:
- Business term finance – fixed and flexible rates and terms available.
- Business overdrafts – to help you through the unexpected increase or decrease of demand.
- Equipment finance – loans of $500,00+ for business assets like machinery, vehicles, properties, and more.
Insurance – for unexpected expenses
Westpac can offer you the financial protection you need against most unfortunate happenings. What you can insure with them:
- Your life and income.
- Your house and contents.
- Your car and vehicles.
Westpac – Home loan
- Loan Type Home loans
- Interest Rate from 23%
- Loan Amount up to $50,000
- Repayment 6 months to 5 years
Benefits of Westpac
- Top up your loan when needed
- Flexible repayment options
- Easy online application
Choose Westpac for quick affordable loans
How to apply for a mortgage with Westpac – home loan pre-approval
- Apply online in only 10 minutes - You can apply for an online loan by completing the home loan application form and submitting some required documents to support the information you provided like your bank statements, proof of identity, proof of address, etc and they will also do a credit check to see if you are financially viable to qualify.
- Get your pre-approval in just 60 seconds -They will do a quick assessment by looking at the information you provided and will let you know if you do qualify and for how much. You will then receive your pre-approval.
- Go house hunting -Now that you know exactly what you qualify for you can find the perfect home of your dreams!
- Finalise your loan -Once you have chosen the house for you, they will then evaluate the house to determine if it is a good deal and will then let you know if they approve your choice.
What you will need to apply
- A summary of all your sources of income, debts, and expenses, which will show how much surplus income you have each month to afford a mortgage.
- A deposit amount, usually around 20% but with Westpac, there might be other options to help you out.
- Provide proof of income by the means of payslips or bank statements.
- Proof of address.
- Be 18+
- Be an NZ citizen.
Benefits of getting your mortgage at Westpac
- Great interest rates.
- Helpful guidelines and tools.
- Ongoing services with expert advice.
- Assistance with growing your deposit.
- Floating or fixed-interest options.
- Tailored finance.
- Online or in-person applications.
- Pre-approval in 60 seconds.
- In-detail answers to all the questions you might have.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Competitive rates. Great sense of urgency.
— Invercargill —
Westpacunderstands the importance of being thorough and fast when their clients apply for a loan. I have tried my fair share of banks before, and this is by far the perfect option for me.
— Wellington —
- 1/135 Pakuranga Road, Pakuranga Auckland Region 2010 New Zealand
- Get Directions
- Monday 10:00 – 13:00
- Tuesday – Closed
- Wednesday 10:00 – 13:00
- Thursday – Closed
- Friday 10:00 – 13:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed