- Student loans up to $40,000
- Low-interest starting from 12.95%
- Repayment up to 7 years
[Accessed September 3, 2021]
About ASB Bank
Take the first step towards your bright future today.
ASB has helped thousands with the finances to graduate and they can most certainly help you too. All the way from 1847 through generations of students up to now and probably very far in the modern future, they have been assisting Kiwis with a passion to reach their dreams. Their ultimate goal is to make New Zealand a better place to live and succeed in and build a better tomorrow for everyone.
Get the future you deserve
Currently, they have more than 1.3 million happy customers that rely on them for financial support, making use of a variety of products and services they offer for the modern and ever-changing world we live in. They believe in the students of today as they know that they are the leaders of tomorrow.
They have years of knowledge and expertise you can tap into by simply speaking to them, they will answer all the questions you might have in easy-to-understand plain language.
Make use of their helpful online tools to see how much loan you can afford for your online student loan. They can help you whether you just want to take a short course or diploma to land yourself a secure job, study further for a degree, honors, or master's degree.
ASB Bank Services
You can borrow between $2,000 and $1,000,000 Over 6 months to 7 years while enjoying the certainty of a flat 12.90% p.a. fixed rate.
You can easily track your online loan and make extra payments through the ASB Mobile Banking App or online.
- Get approved within 48 hours.
- Secured and unsecured student loans are available.
- A processing fee of $99.
- A registration fee of $25 applies to all secured loans.
Loans – for your next dream home
You can get a tailored home loan with a highly competitive fixed-rate starting at 3.25%p.a. or a variable interest rate starting at 4.45%p.a. They will look at your surplus income each month to determine how much you can qualify for. Access flexible repayment terms from 6 months up to 30 years. Their online calculator will help you to get a better idea of how much you can afford.
KiwiSaver and Investments
They can help you to plan today for a better future tomorrow. Save up or invest so that you can afford that course you’ve always wanted to take, remember it is never too late. Access a variety of investment plans and saving options to help you reach your goals and manage your money better.
ASB Bank – Student loan
- Loan Type Student loans
- Interest Rate 12.95 – 17.95% p/a
- Loan Amount up to $40,000
- Repayment 6 months to 7 years
Benefits of ASB Bank
- Affordable student loans
- Flexible repayment terms
- Finance your education
Student loan calculator
You can have your loan approved TODAY! Simply apply for a student loan with ASB Bank
How to apply for a student loan with ASB Bank?
Application requirements for a student loan
- If you are 18+.
- A New Zealand citizen.
- Have an income to pay for the loan yourself, or have a guarantor.
- Borrow more than $2,000.
- Fill out their online form with your details as well as the loan amount you need, how you will be paying for the loan as well as some supporting documents like a proof of ID, proof of address, proof of income, or guarantor details, etc.
- They will then look at the information you provided to determine if they can offer you a student loan and how much they are able to offer.
- They will come back to you within 48 hours with an answer and once approved you can sign to accept their offer and have the funds transferred to your account so that you can get the books busy.
Why choose ASB Bank
- Approval within 48 hours.
- You can top up an existing loan or pay off your loan sooner without penalties.
- Keep track of your loan via the ASB Mobile Banking app.
- Enjoy great rates.
- Ongoing customer support and care.
- You can apply for a loan online, call them or visit a branch.
- Proper guidance and advice to help you in the right direction.
- Flexible repayment terms.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Applying for my student loan with ASB Bank has been a great experience. They kept me informed and updated through the whole process. I can easily recommend them.
— Auckland —
ASB was able to loan me my full tuition amount at an affordable rate, with great repayment term.
— Auckland —
ASB Bank Contact
- (09) 302 1815
- not available
- 334-336 Broadway Newmarket Auckland Region 1023 New Zealand
- Get Directions
- P.O. Box 35, Shortland Street, Auckland, 1140, New Zealand
- Monday 09:00 – 16:30
- Tuesday 09:00 – 16:30
- Wednesday 09:00 – 16:30
- Thursday 09:00 – 19:00
- Friday 09:00 – 16:30
- Saturday 09:00 – 16:30
- Sunday 10:00 – 16:00