About – StudyLink
The main role of StudyLink is to provide comprehensive and up to date information on finances and issues related to studying and financial support to students.
We help them to make well informed decisions and obtain the finance which they require to pay for their studies and related expenses including living costs. This service is provided by the Ministry of Social Development of New Zealand.
How to ind out more about us and student finance
The information required by students is available on the official website of StudyLink. If you cannot find the information which you are looking for or you need personalised advice, you can use the services of our centralised Contact Centre.
Additionally, we have Outreach offices around New Zealand. There you can speak directly to one of our specialists and ask all the questions which you have.
Services – StudyLink
In order to pay for your tertiary education, you can use a StudyLink student loan.
It is available to all New Zealand students. There is no means test for qualifying. No security is required.
The loan is divided into 3 parts. The first part is designed to pay your tuition fees. The second part covers study related costs such as those for textbooks and a laptop. The third part will pay for your living expenses. You can choose which of the parts to use.
No interest is charged on the loan if you study in the country.
The repayment begins after you graduate and start earning an income which is higher than a set amount. Each payment is made automatically by your employer who deducts the required amount from your salary.
Summary of Services
- Student Loans
studyLink in Auckland are assisting students further their studies with their remarkable student loans.
StudyLink in Auckland are assisting students further their studies with their remarkable student loans. We offer advice on What a Student Loan is for, how you can get it, the amount you could get and when, and how to apply for a loan online.
What Student Loan is for - Student Loans can offer you some assistance with financing your study. It's comprised of three sections:
- Course expenses – for the obligatory charges charged by your instruction supplier
- course-related expenses – to purchase materials or administrations for your course
- living expenses – to help with your week by week costs.
Who can get Student Loan?
To get an student advance you must meet the requirements:
- You must be enlisted on a tertiary course
- study full-time or part time, or meet StudyLink's necessities for low maintenance study
- a New Zealand national, or meet residency necessities
- be under 55 when your course begins, for course-related expenses and living expenses – there's no age limit for course charges.
You'll likewise need to
- sign an agreement with the legislature
- provide a contact individual in New Zealand.
The amount you can get -You pick the amount you need. You can use the student loan to cover some or the majority of your course expenses.
- Course-related expenses – You can obtain up to $1,000 a year for course-related expenses.
- Living expenses – You can acquire up to $176.86 a week for living expenses.
- When you get your student advance – We pay your student advance for course expenses straightforwardly to your training supplier.
We pay your course charges on the later of two dates.
- Two weeks before your course begins.
- Seven days from the date of the letter we send you when we've affirmed your student credit.
Ph: +64 800 889 900 / (04) 917 3107
Fx: 0800 88 33 88
Postal AddressStudyLink Centre P O Box 38610, Lower Hutt, 5040, New Zealand
- Monday 08:30 – 17:00
- Tuesday 08:30 – 17:00
- Wednesday 09:30 – 17:00
- Thursday 08:30 – 17:00
- Friday 08:30 – 17:00
- Saturday Closed –
- Sunday Closed –