The main role of StudyLink is to provide comprehensive and up to date information on finances and issues related to studying and financial support to students.
We help them to make well-informed decisions and obtain the finance which they require to pay for their studies and related expenses including living costs. This service is provided by the Ministry of Social Development of New Zealand.
Quick online student loans
The information required by students is available on the official website of StudyLink. If you cannot find the information which you are looking for or you need personalised advice, you can use the services of our centralised Contact Centre.
Additionally, we have Outreach offices around New Zealand. There you can speak directly to one of our specialists and ask all the questions which you have.
In order to pay for your tertiary education, you can use a StudyLink student loan. It is available to all New Zealand students. There is no means test for qualifying. No security is required.
The loan is divided into 3 parts. The first part is designed to pay your tuition fees. The second part covers study related costs such as those for textbooks and a laptop. The third part will pay for your living expenses. You can choose which of the parts to use.
No interest is charged on your loan
The repayment begins after you graduate and start earning an income which is higher than a set amount. If you study within New Zealand you will get no interest on your student loan. Each payment is made automatically by your employer who deducts the required amount from your salary.
StudyLink Product Details
- Loan Type Student loans
- Interest Rate 18.95 – 27.98% p/a
- Loan Amount up to $20,000
- Repayment 6 months to 7 years
Summary of Services
- Finance for day to day living cost
- Finance for any course-related fees
- Quick and easy online application
StudyLink are the experts when it comes to quick student loans
StudyLink in Auckland is assisting students further their studies with their remarkable student loans.
We offer advice on What a Student Loan is for, how you can get it, the amount you could get and when, and how to apply for a loan online. What Student Loan is for - Student Loans can offer you some assistance with financing your study.
It's comprised of three sections:
- Course expenses – for the obligatory charges charged by your instruction supplier
- course-related expenses – to purchase materials or administrations for your course
- living expenses – to help with your week by week costs.
Who can get a student loan?
To get a student advance you must meet the requirements:
- You must be enlisted on a tertiary course
- study full-time or part-time, or meet StudyLink's necessities for low maintenance study
- a New Zealand national, or meet residency necessities
- be under 55 when your course begins, for course-related expenses and living expenses – there's no age limit for course charges.
You'll need to
- sign an agreement with the legislature
- provide a contact individual in New Zealand.
The amount you can get -You pick the amount you need. You can use the student loan to cover some or the majority of your course expenses.
- Course-related expenses – You can obtain up to $1,000 a year for course-related expenses.
- Living expenses – You can acquire up to $176.86 a week for living expenses.
- When you get your student advance – We pay your student advance for course expenses straightforwardly to your training supplier.
We pay your course charges on the later of two dates
- Two weeks before your course begins.
- Seven days from the date of the letter we send you when we've affirmed your student credit.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
I did a good deal of research before I decided who to approach for my student loan. StudyLink was the best as they charged no interest on my loan and my repayment terms were more than fair.
— Lower Hutt —
No interest, easy online application, same day approval - what more could you ask for?
— Dunedin —
My loan from SL covered more than just my tuition fees, it helped me cover living costs too which my parents could afford to pay fully.
— Hamilton —
StudyLink Contact Details
- not available
- 317 High St Lower Hutt Wellington 5010 New Zealand
- Get Directions
- StudyLink Centre P O Box 38610, Lower Hutt, 5040, New Zealand
- Monday 08:30 – 17:00
- Tuesday 08:30 – 17:00
- Wednesday 09:30 – 17:00
- Thursday 08:30 – 17:00
- Friday 08:30 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed